We recognize the primary responsibility of schools is to educate youth and an integral part of that educational process includes interscholastic athletics and activities. We encourage and promote diversity in all aspects of the programs as well as establish standards and practices to insure the safety, health, and general welfare of all participants.
Our Athletic and Activities team formulates policies that cultivate the ideals of good sportsmanship by students, coaches, and parents. We provide a model of clear communication processes between athletes, coaches, parents, and administrators. Our goal is to design all activities to provide fair and consistent opportunities for all students.
Opportunities+ for All Students
The 最新麻豆原创 will provide exceptional athletic and activity opportunities that focus on overall student development, encourage excellence, enhance our educational programs, and promote positive community engagement. The KSD Athletics and Activities team is dedicated to supporting and furthering the strategic plan of the school district as we provide our students with the best opportunities to pursue their interests and gain skills to be successful. Opportunities+ reflects our effort to leverage middle and high school connections to school-based athletics, activities, and clubs that provide experiences which help build confidence, leadership skills and teamwork, while instilling a strong work ethic. These foundational attributes help build the life skills of competing, overcoming adversity, planning for success, and developing positive habits. Our intentional programing will provide opportunities for every student plus the added value of developing purpose, passion, and preparing our students for a well-rounded life.
Athletics Participation Guide
Online Athletic Registration
. Parent/Guardian will create an online family profile. Once profile is created, parent/guardian must follow the steps to register their student athlete for a specific sport.
Medical History & Physical Examinations
Physical Exam procedures for Student- Athletes: The PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY FORM must be completed and signed/dated by a medical practitioner to be valid. Student-Athletes are responsible for completing their physical exam at their own expense.
Physicals are valid for up to 24 months from the date of the examination if all guidelines are met. Physical expiration dates must extend beyond the respective WIAA season ending date. Expiration dates occurring within a sports season shall require a new examination prior to that season. The best practice for student-athletes is to obtain the physical examination after June 1st of the 5th grade year, 7th grade year, 9th grade year and 11th grade year.
- Parents/guardians can go to to register and complete the student’s medical information.
- Once the student data is entered, FinalForms will create a personalized Pre-Participation Physical Examination (PPE) form (also referred to as the Medical History and Physical Eligibility Form for the 最新麻豆原创 Athletics).
- Parents/guardians print the PPE form and have the student take the form to the medical exam appointment.
- Once the form is completed, it can be uploaded on or turned in to the athletic administrative assistance or building athletic director.
» PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM
The recommended physical exam form. STAYS WITH DOCTOR.
» PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY FORM
The recommended medical eligibility form. UPLOAD TO .
» STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES FORM
This form is supplemental to the athlete history form.
Medical insurance is also required to participate in interscholastic athletics. School insurance is available for a fee. Go to Student Accident Insurance at the bottom of this page to register if you need coverage.
Parent & Student Athletic Handbook
View the 最新麻豆原创 Parent and Student Athletic Handbook (PDF) and Middle School Athletic Handbook (PDF) to learn what it takes to be a successful athletic participant through code of conduct, eligibility standards, and more.
- Concussions: View the concussion in youth sports fact sheet to learn about symptoms, common treatment options, and preventative measures athletes can take while participating in sports.
- Concussion Screening: Make an appointment for baseline concussion testing with Olympic Sports and Spine available to students participating in basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest: View the sudden cardiac arrest information sheet to learn about causes, common treatment options, and preventative measures athletes can take while participating in sports.
The lists requirements for all athletic teams to participate in sports, along with sport-specific guidelines as each sport has unique circumstances to consider. Guidelines have been developed in consultation with Washington Department Health officials, medical communities, the national governing body for education-based athletics (NFHS), and state committees of coaches and athletic directors.
To resume participation following an illness and/or injury serious enough to require medical care by a doctor, a student athlete must present a completed and signed KSD RETURN TO PLAY FORM to the building Athletic Director.
Student Accident Insurance
The safety of our students is of critical importance to the 最新麻豆原创, and we want to protect them from injury. Even so, accidents do happen and required medical care can be very expensive. Please know that your school does not assume responsibility for such costs but does offer you access to several accident insurance plans for voluntary purchase. Details can be found on the links below:
- Student Insurance – English
- Student Insurance – Spanish
- Student Insurance – Russian
- Student Insurance – Vietnamese
- Student Insurance – Korean
- Student Insurance – Mandarin Chinese
For more information about insurance offerings, or to enroll, visit theor call 1-800-827-4695.
If you are already enrolled in the student accident insurance program, you may submit a claim using the Student Insurance Claim form.